BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm Pregnant!!!

Ohmigosh...I'm pregnant!!! Wow. Its pretty crazy that one cycle is 63 days with questionable ovulation, then the next I O on CD 19 and get a BFP at 10DPO. I am so thankful and happy but worried and terrified a the same time. In just the last few days I've been experiencing a whirlwind of emotions. One minute I'm super excited and hopeful that everything will turn out ok, and the next minute I'm convinced that at any moment its going to be over, or maybe it never was in the first place. I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude and be hopeful...think positive thoughts and they will come true...but after burying our first baby its difficult to imagine ever getting to keep this one. Like I said before, if we were ever lucky enought to get another BFP we'd tell our families right away. Last time all we got to say was: we were pregnant, but the baby died. So we drove to see my parents yesterday and broke the good news. They were very happy, excited, and supportive. I was stricken by how positive they seemed about the outcome. It was nice to have that. Tonight we're telling DH's parents when they get back into town. We're asking that they keep the news to our families only. I don't know that we'll be telling other people for quite some time...probably until its difficult to hide.

I had an Rx for Prometrium on hold at the pharmacy so I picked that up and started using it last night. Monday morning I'll call my OBGYN for betas this week. They will likely increase my thyroid medication, as the demand goes up dramatically. Once my hcg is over 2,000 I'll get an internal u/s. I'm "high risk" so at the very least I'll get very close monitoring and early intervention, which is more than I can say for my last pregnancy and Dr. Everything that can be done will be done, and I can't ask for more than that.

2 comments:

Shanny said...

Woohooo, congratulations!!!!
Happy and healthy 9 months =)

gallerygirl said...

So happy for you!!! Congrats!