I thought it was about time for a breastfeeding update. At 15.5 months old we are still chugging along. Despite the general lack of support I get IRL on this topic I continue to be proud of it and speak openly about it. One coworker in particular is openly appalled and told me it was gross. This is a person who never once put either of her two children to her own breast, so in my opinion she gets no opinion. ;) DS's interest in solids has slowly improved and he's eating 3 meals a day with 2 snacks. On days that I work I pump in the morning before leaving and nurse him once at night before he goes to bed. On days when we are home together all day I nurse him before his one midday nap and again before bed (and do not pump whatsoever). He also gets milk (breastmilk, whole milk, or a combo of the two) in sippy cups. His favorite foods are banana oatmeal (mixed with vanilla yogurt), straight vanilla or strawberry yogurt (we go through 6 lbs of yogurt a week), chicken and veggie casserole, and any variety of puffs. He's learning how to feed himself with a spoon and gets a big kick out of it. He'll usually feed himself a few bites before getting distracted and flinging food all over the place and tossing the spoon overboard. Our dog quite enjoys mealtimes. We have no immediate plans to stop breastfeeding. We will continue to do it as long as it continues to be mutually beneficial to us. I am sure that when the day comes that we are done I will be a little sad, but it has been a great run. In those first few early days when my nipples were red, sore, bleeding, peeling and my breasts were giant, rock hard, leaking all over the place I really didn't think we were going to make it. I am so proud of us and thankful that we made it through. It has been a wonderful gift between the two of us. I wish everyone could have the experience that we did.
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Congrats on making it this far!!! I wish it would have worked better for us, I still miss it sometimes. I agree that lady should get no opinion about it since she has never experienced it she doesn't understand anything about it.
Post a Comment