BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Update

Things are going well so far with the ending of breastfeeding. The first night I went out for a run and DH was able to get DS to drink his milk well from his sippy cup and went to bed without trouble. The second night he went to the hiding place where I keep his boppy and cried when I didn't get it out and nurse him. (Starting at 12 months we had to hide the boppy from his sight in the process of weaning, otherwise he would bring it to me and ask to nurse constantly...he loves his mommy's milk and thats why it took us 5 months to wean). It broke my heart to see him upset, know what he wanted, and not be able to give it to him. The third night/last night he spent a few hours in the evening at his grandparents house while we attended a surprise party for a friend. He drank his milk from his sippy over there and we put him into bed when we got home without trouble.
Surprisingly my bb's are doing okay. Back when I used to pump 20+ ounces in a single session I never would have thought I'd be able to wean without immense engorgement and pain. I think I have the incredibly slow 5 month wean to thank for that. They are full, but not painfully so. I haven't had any leaking. We're coming up to the 72 hour mark so I don't really think they'll get any fuller than they are now.
So far, its been much easier than I expected.
More updates to come, I'm sure. ;)

0 comments: