BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy Due Date

Yup...still here...still cooking this baby boy. Sigh. After being told for the last few months that our baby boy is so big and would likely come early we were not prepared to see our due date with no baby yet. Things have been pretty interesting lately. I've developed these "silent migraines" in the last few months. I've never had migraines or anything like this in the past. I basically have these episodes where I develop spotty loss of my visual field (ie blind spots) followed by peripheral vision loss and sometimes numbness/tingling in one or the other of my hands. Sometimes its crazy wavy lines in my visual field, like heat coming up off of a hot road or boiling pot of water. It only usually lasts about an hour, and I usually pass out from exhaustion afterwards. The first time it happened I really thought I was having a stroke. Its happened 5 times total...3 of which in the last week and a half. Because of this at my appointment yesterday they ran STAT labs for Pre-E (which all came back normal) and I'm about to go drop off a 24 hour urine collection at the lab. I have zero other signs or symptoms of Pre-E so I'm not really too worried about it. My PCP thinks its just hormonal-induced, and that pregnancy is a trigger. I'm just hoping that it doesn't continue after the baby is born.
We also had a non-stress test at our appointment yesterday, as the night before I was stopped at a red light on my way home from work and got rear-ended by some lady in a van. Nice, perfect timing. It honestly wasn't much of an impact at all, not too much damage...moreso just scared the crap out of me and is an inconvenience to have to go get my car fixed when I'm 40 weeks pregnant. I'm thankful it wasn't more serious. The NST was completely normal.
If he doesn't come on his own we'll be going in for an induction Thursday night/Friday morning. Here's hoping it doesn't come to that!

2 comments:

Mrs.Diff said...

Happy due date! I was thinking of you today and wondering if your little boy had shown up yet. I hope that he comes this weekend or at least before the induction.

Shanny said...

Hee hee happy due date!
Well belated.... by now you should have already been induced, can't wait to read the story =)