BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

BCP

I took bcp for 8 years to control the symptoms of my brain tumor. I was always really annoyed by the inconvenience of having to take them, especially since I had to start when I was 16 years old. But now...good Lord I want them back. For 8 years I was able to avoid much of the crap that comes along with being a woman. I just took 1 little pill every night and I didn't have to worry about counting out my cycle days, figuring out when my period would come, deal with the CM, the twinges and pains, the PMS, the cramping, the heavy bleeding, and the acne breakouts (which at this point probably can't be called breakouts anymore if they're occuring constantly). My body is a total mess now. My cycles are long and irregular (the first 41 days and the second 34 days), I have aches and pains everywhere, I'm so emotional all the time, I get ravenous before my period comes and I've gained a ton of weight, my period comes out of nowhere w/out warning and I end up bleeding all over myself before I notice, my cramps are intense and for the first time ever they are clotty (which is even more devastating b/c it reminds me of my m/c), and looking in mirror at my newfound adult acne just reminds me of what I've lost. I cannot wait to have a baby so I can go back on the pill. I am not even kidding. Uh! I broke down and am going to the dermatologist tomorrow for some prescription strength (pregnancy-safe) acne medication. I'm hoping that it will help.

0 comments: