BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Charting

Its not going so well this cycle, and I’m trying to figure out why. This is my 2nd cycle charting-my first cycle resulted in a beautiful chart with a BFP at the end. And this cycle it looks like crap and I can’t make any sense out of it. The most logical reason for that would probably be that my cycle is still messed up after my m/c and this might have been an annovulatory cycle. But I’m far too obsessed to take that as an answer, so I’ve been making up my own reasons why my chart sucks even though I did ovulate and I’m secretly pregnant right now. As far as things go, I did get +OPKs this month and I’ve had a lot of EWCM, more than I did with my 1st BFP. The only thing that has not fallen into place is that beautiful temperature rise that I’ve been longing for to confirm my O. In general my temperatures have been much lower than the first time around. In fact my temperatures have been so strange that I’m having a lot of trouble making any sense of my chart at all. And yes, I have excuses for that. Things are, obviously, a lot different this time around than they were with my first cycle. During my first cycle I worked the day shift and had relatively consistent sleep and wake cycles. For the first week of this cycle I worked 13 hour night shifts and wasn’t able to chart the first 7 days, and before that I’d been on the night shift for months. I worked different days each week, so my sleep schedule was completely whacked out-some days I slept at night, some days I slept during the day and was up all night…no rhyme or reason. It made me feel like crap, and I don’t know that its something that your body can immediately recover from. Another difference between my BFP cycle and this one is that I am taking a completely different thyroid medication. Any change in metabolism can cause a change in body temperatures. Also, my first cycle was in the summer and now we’re dealing with the cold of November. Could this be why my temperatures have been so much lower in general? Maybe my cycle is going to be longer this time around and maybe I’m stupid and can’t read OPKs or CM and I just haven’t O’ed yet. Or maybe this just isn’t my cycle and I should try to stop stressing myself out over it. I don’t know how some women go through this month after month after month and don’t give up. They are much stronger than I am. I'm thankful that I will be able to start my new job soon and have the most consistent schedule I've ever had in my life. I'm also thankful that my husband is so sweet and understanding and has been willing to FWP for the last 8 days straight. Way to power through it sweetie! We've decided that if this isn't our cycle, we're getting a CBEFM for the next time around...I'm hoping we won't need to...

0 comments: